Create your own swimwear range with Runway Kit Ready Styles and stand a chance to partner with apparel manufacturing giant MAS Holdings as your production partner.
Runway Kit invites all fashion entrepreneurs out there to take part in the Next Top Swimwear Label contest and stand a chance to partner with Runway Kit and MAS Holdings to jumpstart their swimwear line. The winners will be treated to prizes worth over $10,000 USD.
All you need is to have the passion – to launch your own swimwear business or start a new collection in your current label. Great deals are on offer for the first 3 places. Winners will be chosen by a panel of esteemed judges.
Competition Calendar for 2020
Round 1: From 5th October 2020 – 7th November 2020
Round 1 Winners Announcement: 17th November 2020
Round 2: From 18th November 2020 – 15th December 2020
Round 2 Winners Announcement: 15th January 2021
Round 3: From 16th January 2021 – 31st January 2021
Round 3 of the competition is now underway.
Round 3 contestants can upload their work here.
Quick Access Links
- Round 1 – Show us what you got
- Round 2 – Time to get creative
- Round 3 – Meet the judges
- What are the prizes on offer?
- Who are the judges
The Next Top Swimwear Label contest consist of 3 rounds. These are detailed in subsequent sections.
Round 1 – Show us what you got
Anyone who wish take part in the contest, need to do so by participating in this round. You are required to submit the following at the point of entry:
- A sketch or an illustration of your own swimwear design that best brings out your brand and
- Answer a few simple questions about your aspirations or existing fashion business for us to get to know you better.
Based on your submissions, the judges will pick who will qualify for the next round. The winners will be announced via email and on the Runway Kit Instagram page.
Round 2 – Time to get creative
Pick a minimum of 3 or a maximum of 6 styles from our Ready Styles Catalogs and create a collection that falls into a single narrative or a theme of your choice.
Those who are selected for Round 2 will receive an email from email@example.com
Remember: Put careful thought, build a story and create your collection. It is this Ready Styles collection that you will be producing with MAS Holdings if you win the competition.
Other important guidelines:
- Carefully study both Round 2 Resource documents provided below, before you begin. They include detailed steps for Round 2.
- You must use Ready Styles designs and the customization options provided by Runway Kit.
- Note that for some styles you are allowed to make specific adjustments for the silhouettes itself. All these details can be found under Round 2 Resources below.
- Ready Styles offer carefully curated timeless swimwear designs. Align your ideas accordingly so that your final collection will fit both Ready Styles and your brand aesthetics and therefore have high potential to convert customers.
- You can present your collection using any format and tool of your preference. Make sure it is clear and organized. You must submit your collection in PDF file format.
- Please remember to name your final pdf document in the following naming convention – [full name_collection name].
Round 2 Resources
Round 3 – Meet the judges
Put your best self out there and prepare a 3-4 minute video pitch and tell our judges why you deserve to be the Next Top Swimwear Label. Your pitch must include:
- A brief intro to you and why you started your brand
- Who would be the next addition to your team and why
- How you are planning to adapt your business to the post COVID-19 era
- How you want to position your business in the market. For example in social channels, website etc. (visual prompts can be shown in the video)
- Please remember to name your video files as follows – [full name_collection name]
Please upload the video on or before the 31st of January 2021.
Stand a chance to win prizes worth over $10,000 USD. Winners will be chosen for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
All winners are treated to a host of great opportunities to partner with Runway Kit + MAS Holdings and kick off their business or next collection.
Winner’s will be judged based upon their ability to build a creative collection from Ready Styles under a specific theme or story.
First Place Prizes
1. Free sample development for ALL customized Ready Styles in the collection
2. Free production of a bulk (100 units) for ONE selected design
3. Free development of a custom print from KRSTN NDRSN Design Studio
4. A free 30 minute consultation with one of our judges
5. Feature in the social accounts of judges, Runway Kit Instagram and newsletter
Second Place Prizes
1. Free sample development of FOUR customized Ready Styles in the collection
2. A free 30 minute consultation with one of our judges
3. Feature in the social accounts of judges, Runway Kit Instagram and newsletter
Third Place Prizes
1. Free sample development of THREE customized Ready Styles in the collection
2. Feature in the social accounts of judges, Runway Kit Instagram and newsletter
We have handpicked a few industry prominent figures to be a part of our panel of judges.
Kristen Anderson is the founder of KRSTN NDRSN. She is passionate about designing inclusive, figure-flattering apparel that makes every woman feel her best. Kristen has been in the industry for over 9 years. She was an early team member at Adore Me and has also worked on brands like Kona Sol, Victoria’s Secret, Lane Bryant, and many more. She specializes in lingerie and intimates, swimwear, loungewear, and activewear design.
Suzy Wakefield is the founder of Suzy Wakefield Designs. She brings in 20 + years of industry experience and success in building new opportunities within Intimates and Swim categories. She has spent a large part of her career at Victoria’s Secret and has helped to conceptualize and grow key Victoria’s Secret proprietary sub-brands. Suzy has also held leadership roles in Fashion, Lifestyle and Licensed brands and has successfully partnered with manufacturers across all regions to develop collections for companies from Kate Spade to Amazon.
Kunal is a Co-founder of Runway Kit and leads business development and partnership initiatives at Runway Kit. His experience includes working with global fashion brands such as Calvin Klein and Victoria’s Secret. Kunal possesses deep knowledge and expertise across the manufacturing value chain, from merchandising and product development to production. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Entrepreneurship and Economics from Babson College with certificates from Sloan School of Management at MIT, Columbia Business School, and Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
If you have any further questions that you would like to clarify, simply drop us a message through our Contact Us page.